Reporting to: Capital Equipment Sales Manager (West, Wales and Scotland)
To work as part of the field based team and drive sales activity and business development for the capital equipment portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sales and promotion of the capital equipment portfolio of products both straight to customers and through the generalist Account Managers.
- Administer technical support to the sales team including Telebusiness, Regional Account Managers and Regional Distributers.
- Administer help and guidance in the preparation of quotations and tenders for Capital Equipment products.
- Fulfil sales and margin targets for the given location.
- Work in a cooperative manner with a variety of functions across the business to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Establish relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure guidance for business development via joint marketing activity and price support.
- Liaise in a precise and timely manner with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of key tasks.
- Manage customer visits; attend individually or with regional Account Manager.
- Manage and attend in local customer seminars, exhibitions etc.
- Attend in local sales training/meetings.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified to at least degree level or obtain similar experience in a scientific environment.
- Experience with capital equipment essential, although this does not have to be within a sales role.
- General sales experience is preferred to ensure increase of opportunities and development.
- Commercial knowledge of market, competition, pricing and discount structures would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce detailed and timely reports.
- Able to build strong relations with all customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge on how to separate and combine duties into effective workflows, that allows for measured outcomes and increase of resources.
- Experience of arranging and delivering presentations to a high standard for both internal and external customers.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, CRM)