Territory: Cambridge and surrounding areas.
Reporting to: Capital Equipment Sales Manager (East England & London) To work as part of the field based team and drive sales activity and business growth for the capital equipment portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effective Management of a High profile Key Account, throughout the UK, to meet end user needs on time and within budget.
- Sales and promotion of the capital equipment portfolio of products both directly to customers and through the generalist Account Managers.
- Possibility to supply technical support to the wider sales team including Tele-business, Regional Account Managers and Regional Distributers.
- Provide Advice and support in the preparation of quotations and tenders for Capital Equipment products.
- Fulfil sales and margin targets for the territory.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of functions across the business to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Create relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure support for business growth via joint marketing activity and price support.
- Communicate in an accurate and timely manner with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of key tasks.
- Organise customer visits, attend independently or with regional Account Manager.
- Organise and engage in local customer seminars, exhibitions etc.
- Engage in local and European sales training/meetings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience of successfully managing a number of projects/work streams concurrently.
- Experience using a specific Project Management Methodology to deliver projects would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects to a defined timescale.
- Qualified to at least degree level or possess equivalent experience in a scientific environment.
- Experience with capital equipment essential, although this does not have to be within a sales role.
- General sales experience is preferred to ensure maximisation of opportunities and growth.
- Commercial knowledge of market, competition, pricing and discount structures would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to create precise and punctual reports.
- Ability to build strong relations with all customers and suppliers.
- Understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows, that allows for measured outcomes and maximisation of resources.
- Experience of preparing and delivering presentations to a high standard for both internal and external customers.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, CRM)