The Business Development Manager will manage a sizeable number of low and mid opportunity volume accounts within their territory. They will be accountable of the complete sales cycle with their accounts using supporting functions as required on the Company’s portfolio. Establishes potential and current accounts within the low and mid opportunity section that may be high opportunity volume accounts for the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers on monthly and yearly sales goals
- Manages the complete sales cycle (identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal) for allocated accounts within their territory
- Prospects new customers and accounts within their location.
- Organises the sales funnel from new opportunity creation through closing.
- Creates mid and long term profitable business within their allocated accounts/territory
- Coordinates support resources within the Company to meet customer requirements.
- Gives solutions from the Company’s portfolio to address their customers’ requirements.
- Understands and suitably liaises the Biosciences portfolio and the Company’s value proposition to its customers. Develops product understanding abilities, applications, regulatory understanding, and product justification in order to be acknowledged as the expert in the sector. Maintains account awareness and evolving market understanding.
- Manages, plans, and schedules time to supply optimum and efficient account and territory coverage.
- When asked for, acts as team lead to coach others to accomplish high performance.
- Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily and timely basis.
- Perform other duties as allocated.
- Bachelors in Life Sciences
- Hands on Industry experience within a Business Development environment, working experience within sales a bonus.
- Previous experience/knowledge of QC, Laboratory Testing and or Microbiology is ideal
- Working knowledge of Lab based automation systems.
- Fluency in English a must, a second European language would be a bonus.