Our BDM will be critical to the business in finding and converting new customers and consistently assessing the competitive landscape.
You will be instrumental in developing the business throughout the UK, establishing and converting accounts where our products are not present, and surgeons that do not currently use our products. You will be the first route to market for newly launched products. You will be key in establishing other products being used in the market and therefore build and maintain a robust understanding of the competitor landscape.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pushes business development throughout the UK market
Establishing and targeting accounts where the Company are not present
Identifying and targeting underachieve/failing accounts
Identifying and targeting surgeons within established Company’s accounts who are not current users
- Champions the brand through deep knowledge of customer and end-user needs and product positioning in relation to the competition.
- Aids sales efforts in the UK market including new business sales calls and lead follow up
- Acquires product information through market research and customer input and makes sure that the business is informed regarding the Company’s product performance and positioning and competitor product performance
- Supports UK new product launch through
Establishing target seed accounts
Creating initial interest and sales
Feeding back customer reaction and input to the wider company
Acting as Product Champion
- Upkeeps high level of product category understanding, staying current in published information, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings
- Investigates and defines UK market potential by product category
- Accountable for the analysis of the total UK market/ company/ competitor and available market share by products market
- Feeds data back to the company to inform predicting and the company business planning process
- Pushes customer communications through strategic customer meetings, product demonstrations and sales initiatives
- Develops and upkeeps long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and the wider UK Sales and Marketing team to promote and support the Company’s brand.
- Tracks and communicates key product performance indicators, including analysing the results and advocating changes to meet corporate goals
- Exceeds annual sales targets
- Operates as a senior member of the UK Sales team, modelling expected performance and competencies
- Builds and maintains cross functional relationships within the wider company
A Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline or similar.
Minimum 2 years of success in a Medical Device/ Life Science sales environment
- Sound analytical skills are needed to review and comprehend past sales performance and forecast future expectations. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, margin, etc.
- Strong experience using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Both oral and written skills are a must-have. Must have a positive disposition and act in a professional and respectable manner.
- Work with limited supervision; be proactive at putting forth ideas to help the growth of the business. Expected to act professionally in managing time and resources on the job.
- Ability to read, investigate, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, draft contracts etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients & customers.
- Full UK drivers licence
- Enthusiasm to travel across the whole of the UK with regular overnight stays anticipated