The region covers UK and Ireland and reports to the UK & Ireland Sales Director. This high-performing person will be accountable for pushing a sales plan, up-keeping and developing current accounts/ business, establishing, pursuing and finishing-up potential opportunities from current and potential academic and biotech accounts, and supplying regular account and market updates to ensure a sustaining genomics service provision and a leadership position in the addressed markets. Experience working with top academic and biotech customers is needed. There will also be a accountability to grow business across the Company’s internal market sectors.
The KAM will partake in the growth of the sales and marketing strategy of the company. Working from her/ his home office, the new KAM will up-keep and execute strategic account plans, and supply forecasts and reports of sales duties. Travel within the region (primarily) must be expected. The person should have a good understanding of the local funding businesses and key accounts, including but not limited to, the following: Wellcome Trust, Sanger Centre, (Oxford), Cambridge, London, as well as knowledge on competition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be professional and presentable at all times.
- Show understanding of scientific knowledge to communicate in consultative selling.
- Growth of a region and account-specific sales plan.
- Organise current and large key account opportunities
- Completion of the sales plan to meet sales quotas.
- Utilisation of the Company’s CRM system.
- Efficiently prospect to create potential customer leads.
- Grow and up-keep strong customer relationships at different levels in the business.
- Up-keep a collaborative working relationship with internal and external staff
- Grow our visibility with funding bodies and leading biotech’s in the UK
- Concentrate on sales within the Next Gen Sequencing, Molecular sectors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years proven sales / commercial experience with top biotech companies.
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels within the customer companies, and in the wider market place.
- Background in genetics, molecular, biochemistry or other life science or relevant sales would be ideal, but not required.
- Strong sales professional, with a team player approach, and good networking and communication skills.
- Proven track record in lead creating, prospecting and success in complicated sales within a complex environment.
- Strong time management, networking, multi-tasking and business skills,
- Strong urge to push business and identify long term customer relationships and honestly.
- Self-motivated and independent person, who enjoys a challenging and enthusiastic work environment.
- Detail and service-focused person.