Build the Company’s market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships of your assigned key & growth accounts. To manage these Environmental, Food & Industrial testing accounts strategically, including new business & protecting existing business. All to be completed within the decided yearly/quarterly & monthly budget lines.
Duties & Responsibility:
- To meet sales and gross margin targets for the Company’s products
- To actively seek new business opportunities for the Environmental, Food & Industrial sector
- To strategically manage current customers, to help protect & develop these accounts
- To produce a business and visit plan managing activities in line with company strategic targets for customers assigned to you.
- To gather market intelligence and feed it back to the senior management.
- Establishes or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Develop negotiating strategies & positions by studying established customer base; examining risk potentials estimating customer’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements with back office; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements as per the Company’s business practices.
- To grow awareness of the Company’s brand by organising and attending exhibitions, seminars and other events and by conducting direct marketing initiatives alongside other promotional activities as necessary.
- To frequently maintain the Customer Relationship Management database efficiently and strategic action plan for customers.
- To produce an informative monthly report on activities & to make/update a business plan including sales pipeline.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A degree in Chemistry, ideally with good analytical experience.
- Knowledge of the use of reference/analytical standards within a laboratory and quality control environment.
- Excellent territory management skills, including prospecting, sales planning & market knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Strategic Selling & Account Management including but not limited to; closing skills, motivation for sales, presentation skills, selling customer needs, professional skills, meeting sales targets, high energy levels.
- Minimum 2 years’ successful field sales experience in an appropriate market within the UK/ Ireland is also essential.
- Good Commercial awareness & excellent personable skills
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM database
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in dealing with central procurement agencies.
- Ideally situated within the UK