Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Upgrading, validation, and implementation of stand-alone bioinformatics tools to enable discovery of molecular markers.
- Application of current tools and method development using in-house (as well as ‘what is out there’).
- Create and write standard operating protocol, and write reports to support product validation and verification.
- Act confidently and individually to resolve technical problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Detailed and accurately record experimental work including making and developing required documentation.
- Engage in project planning, process updates and critical decision making, ensuring activities are constant with the project’s critical path, and act suitably to changing priorities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD in Genomics, Bioinformatics or a suitable scientific field.
- High level of motivation and passion to work developing novel NGS tools and pipelines.
- Working experience in programming and scripting (R, python, or similar equivalent languages).
- Expertise in developing novel Next Gen Sequencing analysis workflows with a strong emphasis on data processing, analysis, and interpretation, specifically for RNA-Seq and DNA-Seq data sets and molecular barcoding.
- Excellent bioinformatics understanding in developing algorithms and software tools to analyse NGS data
- Team orientated with excellent communication skills and the ability to take ownership and responsibilities of tasks.
- Experience with or knowledge of all aspects of Next Gen Sequencing library preparation.
- Experience with or knowledge of quality control of Next Gen Sequencing data sets to generate feedback for library preparation improvement.
- Familiarity with ISO13485 Quality Management System and IVD regulations