This is an entry level sales position that would suit a highly motivated person with at least 1 year’s experience in a similar sales or laboratory role. You will have a strong biology focussed academic background along with a sound understanding of a range of pathology laboratory diagnostic methods including immunofluorescence, ELISA, CLiA and Immunoblots.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager you will be accountable for giving the team and customers with the necessary technical expertise to develop the business. You will be primarily office based in south-west London although there will be a requirement for significant UK travel (up to 20% of the time). This position includes sales and customer support, marketing and QA.
- Product launches
- Customer studies and support
- Provide printed and electronic promotional material and supporting journal articles to the team.
- Accountable for reviewing QA distribution results and presenting them to the team.
- Accountable for reviewing product data making sure that the team is kept up to date on new developments regarding new product releases including competitor products.
- Aid the sales team in product related enquiries and work alongside with colleagues both in the UK and overseas.
- Close communication with the in-field team to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions.
- Magazine Adverts
- Competitions, give-aways
- Social media
- Company website
- Accountable for preparing product forecasts.
- General office duties.
- Any other tasks as required by the business.
Minimum BSc (2:1) in biological sciences or a similar subject
Skills & Experience
Fluency in English
Experience in preparing and delivering presentations
Proven business acumen
Experience in the in-vitro diagnostics sector
Experience maintaining social media and website
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint