The role of the Sales/ Business Development is to make sure that sales objectives are met with in the given territory. You are to grow and execute sales plans and predict sales for the Company’s portfolio of products including services, reagents, software, and instruments as well as anticipate order arrivals for the given location and supply with market and competitor tasks from the field. You are expected to do instrument demonstrations at customer sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute Key Account tasks and programs to promote continuous adoption of present and arising technologies
- Take leadership in the Business Development tasks when necessary, grow with existing user base
- Run development plans to add possible products and services available
- Alteration of molecular biology actions including assembly, cloning, transformations etc.
- Install, upkeep, train, alter and support equipment on all levels
- Manage and grow positive relationships with customers. Use appropriate databases to input and supply information that will develop success
- Use all accessible tools such as Service Reports, User Guides etc.
- Accomplish sales quota
- Organise efficient applicable time and resources
- Give all-round support when needed
- You will be required to work with hazardous elements such as acids and solvents and to work in biological labs.
- Great computer skills and ability to change problems with the guidance of R&D.
- Ability to rapidly troubleshoot complicated biology/apparatus problems.
Qualifications & Skills:
- PhD or MSc Biomedical/Biology or related, support experience in a similar role within the after-sales sector business in a scientific area, or related experience in application and managing instrumentation in Life Sciences
- Business intuition and flair to communicate with full range of customer profiles to change a technical talk into sales
- Experience in installing, showing and troubleshooting tools is needed; experience with fluid handling robots a bonus.
- Strong molecular biology background, understanding of biological processes cloning, DNA synthesis technologies, genetics, antibody and or protein engineering workflows.
- Highly skilled sales and management skills, ability to organise several high value, long sales cycle business opportunities concurrently.
- Highly motivated and passionate to develop new business