The main aim of this position is to deliver reliable robust analytical solutions to our customers, honour commitments and deliver analytical excellence. This role itself cooperates in a team accountable for liquid chromatography and Mass spectrometry product demonstrations, sales calls, expert technical advice and training to sales colleagues, customer visits, application development, scientific events, customer support, customer product focused training and field marketing within the European Sales Support team with focus on UK & Ireland. This role surrounds itself with both the pre-sales process and post-sales support. This role requires a focused expert whom works primarily ‘hands-on’ in the Company’s lab or at a customer site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Passionately demonstrate a solutions orientated mind set and work closely with the sales team and fellow UK Chromatography sales support experts to achieve established company quarterly/ annual sales plans and engage in achievement of appointed core team goals.
- Personally accountable to managing own allocated UK application/ demonstration/ training requests to make sure of timely and accurate, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other answerable colleagues. Close co-operation with other chromatography and mass spectrometry product lines is essential to make best use of available resources and customer necessities.
- Supplies high quality and efficient pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing groups, other product line, service and sales groups. When growing applications and performing customer demonstrations to makes sure those methods grown and best practices are shared using with other members of the group and the responsible manager using the Company’s analytical method repository.
- Demonstrate and enthusiastically use commercial awareness of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry business as a whole. Grow strategic arguments and implement during competitive situations.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com to track activities which must be related to opportunities so as to increase comprehensive understanding of prospects and customers and the Company’s interactions with them.
- To make sure that training activities are provided to the customer in an accurate manner while concentrating on customer satisfaction and on a steadily improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally accountable for the relationship with the customer.
- Partake in the progression of training materials and sessions in collaboration with sales, factory, service and marketing groups.
- Individually accountable for establishing training needs and making sure that their abilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the appropriate product line.
- Accountable for establishing possible marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and application tasks and sharing such work/ outcomes with main manager, vertical and regional marketing groups.
- Engage market intelligence information acquired during customer demonstrations and in the field to the main manager and factory product groups.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- 5+ years relevant gas chromatography and mass spectrometry understanding is essential
- Understanding and experience of the Company’s software is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak in a technical manner to the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel within the region (UK & Ireland). Occasional EU travel as needed
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as needed