The key objective of the role is to professionally represent the Company’s antibodies through the management of current accounts and development of new opportunities in the given location. It is the accountability of the Antibody Specialist to meet the territory sales target within pricing and sales cycle guidelines supplied. The existing territory extends from Cambridge across to Bristol and southwards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Field based customer contact / account management/selling
- Proactively search for new accounts that might benefit from the Company’s Antibody products or services to increase sales in the assigned territory.
- Face-to-face visits with key decision makers and influencers in commercial accounts and chosen key academic institutions will be essential. Utilise core selling skills to provide effective solutions to customers’ needs.
- Gain a clear knowledge of customers' businesses and necessity.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements to provide solutions to meet or exceed their needs.
- Build efficient relationships through regular contact to understand, predict and meet their future needs.
- Participation at trade shows, conferences and other marketing events as needed.
- Maintain and grow relationships with current customers with a view to growing long-term and effective business relationships with customers.
- Deliver or promote presentations and utilise colleagues as required to demonstrate how the Company’s antibody products or services meet customers’ needs.
- Calculate and display quotations within timelines agreed with Sales Manager; including plans for follow up.
- Continuous monitoring of territory performance and development of efficient and sustainable plans in conjunction with the Sales Manager to meet or exceed sales target.
- Submit reports as required and within the agreed timeframes.
- Record and maintain client contact data; including visit reports within required timeframes.
- Communicate with other members of the Antibody Specialist team, the In House Sales and other technical experts in order to respond to customer enquiries in a timely and accurate manner, improving the customer experience through technical excellence.
Skills & Knowledge:
- This person needs to be both a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Strong sales, communication and organizational skills with experience in intricate and mid to long term sales cycles (3 – 18months) is needed.
- High level of numeracy and written skills
- A key necessity is that this person is determined and focused on accomplishing sales targets while providing high levels of service to our customers.
- The ability to proactively establish, develop and close sales opportunities is essential.
Life Science, Immunology, Diagnostic or Pharmaceutical Degree
- Minimum of 3 years field sales experience in Life Science, Diagnostics, Biotech or CRO Company (could be local company).
- Preferred candidates will also have had a background selling active antibodies (not consumables) into the immunology, IVD, biopharma or pharma industries or CRO’s.
- Working from home this person must live on the assigned territory and preferably not more than 2hrs drive from Oxford
- 5 days a week Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- Occasional need for attendance at meetings or exhibitions outside these hours. Some overnight stays and international travel may be required.
- Full clean driving license
- Laptop, mobile, leased company car, business expenses provided