The Account Manager is accountable for delivering revenue and increasing growth in their territory for the Company’s products. The person will be responsible for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the financial year, enabling the executive team to manage business performance and drive decision making. The person is required to maintain understanding of competitor products and their sales strategies, establishing and escalating their tasks in a time bound manner. The person is also responsible for providing customer feedback on the Company’s products in addition to establishing unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job performance will involve a variety of tasks such as:
- Complete quarterly and yearly revenue targets identified from annual commission plans.
- Deliver detailed and timely predictions for their territory.
- Grow and manage key relationships with new and current customers at several business levels.
- Develop possibilities and risk mitigation plans for their region as required.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and current business.
- Work alongside with operations to decrease time to revenue.
- Upkeep the CRM database with up to date information
- Represent the company at suitable exhibitions.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Additional tasks as allocated.
- Proven track record of transferring financial targets on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Minimum 5 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions. Understanding of synthetic biology products and markets preferred.
- B2B experience preferred, ideally selling to pharma, chemical.
- A background in technical sales and support or product management is preferred.
- Salesforce experience needed.
- Demonstrated passion and self-motivation resulting in constant achievement of financial results.
- Proven scientific problem solving skills.
- Proven technical understanding in synthetic biology applications and workflows.
- Strong external and internal relationship management abilities.
- Ability to liaise with others as a member of the team to ensure that challenging and complex projects are dealt with smoothly and cooperatively.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Proven skills to succeed in a start-up environment.
Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field.