To sell and promote the Company’s product, service and portfolio. Maintaining and developing business relationships with customers, including decision makers from technical end users, stores managers to procurement professionals. 85% of business generation to be done via the phone and 15% can be achieved on face to face customer interaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To promote the Company’s product, service and solution portfolio across the customer base by adopting the Company’s Solution Selling strategy.
- Work with Management to develop a detailed territory plan to ensure all sales and margin targets are achieved and exceeded. The plan should include account prospecting as well as detailed SWOT analysis.
- Maintaining all call productivity levels as per the set KPI’s.
- To achieve and exceed all sales and margin related targets for the territory.
- To contribute towards the achievement of the company’s set profitability targets; DCBO, EBITDA, TOE etc.
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of the Company and the products, services and solution offerings within the various market segments. Using this knowledge to effectively lever the strength and breadth of the Company’s organisation during routine dealings with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to drive sales and margin growth at the same time as gaining a competitive advantage in the market.
- Demonstrate a team network with fellow sales associates who visit the same customers by maintaining regular weekly communication to ensure clarity for the customer and minimum duplication of activity. To work with preferred suppliers to develop business for both the Company and the supplier partner. Gain advanced product and technical knowledge via training and collaboration with supplier partners.
- Build and maintain an effective internal network of connections with the organisation to drive sales effectively. Collaborations, including but not limited to :
- Daily communication and collaboration with the dedicated customer service team to ensure all aspects of the customer expectations are met to a high standard.
- Collaboration with the pricing team to ensure profitable and reliable business is maintained and developed.
- Collaboration with the financial teams, including credit control to ensure customer accounts are trading within the terms and conditions of their supply agreement.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to weekly reporting tasks, maintenance of the CRM system, personal expenses etc. Ensuring all detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
- Effectively interrogate and interpret historical and current sales data to assess performance of the territory and use the data to effectively drive sales and margin growth.
- Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions etc., to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by your Sales Manager.
- Organise and participate in local customer seminars and exhibitions.
- To participate and attend in both local and European sales training events, meetings and conferences as required.
- Embrace and participate in the company PMP process.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualification in a Scientific or Technical subject preferred.
- Experience of utilising and manipulating data in Excel .
- Full UK driving license.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working in a fast paced and target driven environment.
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, utilising a technical approach and demonstrating a commercial awareness.
- Ability to conduct commercial and technical discussions to ensure production selection and choice is suitable and relevant for the customer requirement.
- A highly self-motivated individual and confident to identify new business opportunities and manage business relationships.
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with customers, supplier partners.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, with all levels in a scientific/technical environment.
- Strong telephone manner when discussing scientific or technical topics.
- Strong communication skills and experience in designing and delivering presentations.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An understanding of relevant market dynamics and competitor threats preferred.
- An understanding of variety of pricing models and disciplines that will lead to enhanced profit generation preferred.
- Demonstrable record of high achievement in sales and negotiation skills preferred within a scientific / technical industry.