You will ensure delivery of targets by selling a range of selling chromatography instruments to both the private and public divisions within the given territory of the United Kingdom. This position supports the Central territory which surrounds the following areas; West Midlands, East Anglia, South Wales. Interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within the Trace Elemental Analysis & Discrete Industry Analysers business in addition to support cross-selling tasks with other CMD sales & Company’s divisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for establishing prospective buyers of the Company’s Chromatography products and services within the defined territory. This activity will require a high level of business growth seeking out new accounts within your specified territory as well as servicing of current accounts.
- Expands market share for the Company’s instruments in the area, with a focus on AA, ICP-OES, ICPMS, AquaChem and Gallery.
- To discuss contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and aids all procurement processes.
- Maintain and regularly enter detailed and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
- Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly establish and define customer’s needs, shape and coordinate their needs to the Company’s abilities and apply the Company’s solutions to the customer’s needs and efficiently liaise these to customers.
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across the Company’s commercial sectors.
- Visit and guide through technical and business presentations, when needed, UK trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When needed, help in annual planning of the future financial performance of the Company by supplying insight into the prospects for development in your own location.
- Continuously achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in a scientific subject ideally Chemistry
- Appropriate experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/ marketing or a consumables environment.
- Preferably a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Trace Elemental Analysis would be thought-out
- A full familiarity of some of the following industries: Petrochemical, Precious Metals, Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Food/ Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
- Ability to establish new target accounts each year and be able to grow and execute location plans.
- The position requires the ability to travel within your given location area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
- Ability to travel
- Hold a valid UK Driving licence