The purpose of the Account Manager is to develop sustainable and profitable networks with customers by helping them to succeed. The Account Manager is responsible for all sales duties, from lead creation through closing, in an allocated territory using a formal selling approach.
You will be accountable for establishing priority accounts and agreeing on strategies and tactics for high growth opportunities. The Account Manager will work closely with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue creation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy. Together with the customer and other Company resources the Account Manager will further grow the business by analysing customer requirements, establishing solutions and building an individual customer solution plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Network Development: Increase competitive advantage and drive customer satisfaction by building trust and developing strong relationships. Add value in every interaction by working together with customers and internal teams to develop beneficial solutions for their business. Provide higher and differentiating value not by what you sell – but by ‘How’ you sell.
- Targets: Meet/exceed IOP for sales and margin. Develop awareness / sales in the Company Private Label range to increase margin.
- Strategy Implementation: Demonstrate strategic agility in approach to customers and projects (solutions must be tailored to meet individual customer needs). Implement agreed strategies across defined accounts while maintaining and developing existing business.
- Business Development: Drive new and existing opportunities by managing territory appropriately to maximise number of customer visits. Call customers frequently to create opportunities for selling the Company portfolio of products. Understand customer profile, be able to identify trends and opportunities that will generate sales.
- Utilise Company Resources: Utilise local and global internal (cross-functional) and external contacts to help achieve targets. Utilise the Company CRM database to manage customer relationships, interactions and information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
- Planning/Forecasting: Plan, forecast and achieve objectives and Key Performance Indicators in territory/ accounts, using pre-call planning for increased effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A good understanding of company’ products, promotions, services- and solution offerings for customers
- Must have an in-depth understanding of relationship types and buyer behaviors
- Broad understanding of the Company Product & Service portfolio
- In-depth understanding of the different Company functions and their role
- Fluent in oral and written English, preferably 1 or 2 more languages
- Ability to take content and structure it in a way that is most appropriate for the audience and objective
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships and drive strategic conversations with Customers
- A clear ability to manage customer interactions professionally by demonstrating excellent listening and organisational skills, and by using probing questions and reflective language to engage customers and build trust
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to manage various buyer types and personalities (e.g. technical-, user-, and economic buyers)
- Strong organisational skills that drive projects forward
- Is able to synthesise and integrate sales data to support management decisions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Strong ability to negotiate large account pricing strategies / contracts
- Ability to handle difficult situations effectively
- Builds and maintains clients trust through continuous and transparent engagements throughout projects
- Engages in conversations regarding long term strategies and aligns effectively with buyers at every stage of their purchase decision process Is responsible for understanding the strategy of every customer
- Innately customer focused and motivated to deliver value in every interaction
- Proactive, Inspirational and Team Focused
- A natural desire to share knowledge and work with the wider Network and seeks to consistently develop internal and external relationships
- Keeps up to date with relevant market trends
- Uses specialists to offer valuable insights into addressing problems
- Collaborates (with) and orchestrates the broader internal network
- Commits to agreed actions on agreed timelines with customers
- Focuses on outcomes that they can support and taps into the power of the broader network to support customer projects
- Helps to quantify the benefits of the solution to the customer
- Develops credibility by challenging the client’s thinking to co-create valuable solutions