The Account Manager, Pharma Sector is accountable for the sales of research products and services within an allocated sector/area, serving customers engaged in research and development within the Pharma sector. The Account Manager keeps efficient customer networks, creates opportunities for development within a current customer base, and enables market drive and sales while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Work to push Pharma product sales, to manage supplier networks and passionately promote core products and value added services.
- Create and upkeep a rounded knowledge of the sales positioning of the Company and its products particular to your market sector.
- Accomplish or surpass sales and margin goals for your assigned area.
- Create and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for your particular area to ensure sales and gross margin objectives are reached by using company specified financial models.
- Keep efficient customer networks and assure continuous market push and profitability by making in depth calls to end user and purchasing contacts
- Organise pricing within area to increase profitability
- Influence SalesForce.com to create the area pipeline and better your area coverage.
- Has shown previous sales experience, ideally within research laboratory industry and knowledge of laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals.
- BSc degree in any Science & relevant work experience.
- Excellent industry, pharmaceutical and science background would be ideal
- Full driving license and must be able and willing to travel (up to 80% of time) to customer places and attend regional as well as national conferences
- Good management/team work, time management, oral & written, presentation, strategic selling and bargaining skills.