A dynamic player in the field of life sciences research, very well established across Europe. Our strength lies in our unique capacity to combine the distribution of a selected number of strong and innovative brands of reagents, with the ability to fulfil the needs of our clients through our in house laboratory services for molecular biology, cell culture & assays, biomarker target discovery and recombinant proteins.
To further strengthen our growth, we are currently seeking an Account Manager to join our team in the UK for the Sales Territories covering North UK Key areas.
Your role as an Account Manager is to analyse needs and the potential of your customers and prospects within your territory, sell our reagents and services to your customers and prospects, and cooperate with other departments; especially customer engagement, purchasing and logistics. You will be working from home with visits to the office when necessary.
The Account Manager position will be in contact with a great variety of researchers, scientists and managers of all scientific specialties and types of organization, by regularly visiting and holding meetings with them (approx. 50-60% of your time). You will be the privileged interlocutor for your clients and will liaise for them with the various departments within the company.
It is very key that you will have a consultative approach to your customers, as our sales strategy is customer centric. We are looking for someone who understands the life science market. Some of the responsibilities of the Account Manager will include:
- using the CRM to ensure the traceability of the transformation of leads into opportunities and sales.
- monitoring and qualifying existing and new accounts within the territory.
- timely converting the leads into one or more opportunities.
- contacting the prospects to transform the opportunities into orders.
- acquiring and further developing the knowledge needed to reach the set goals by making use of internal training tools and by self-qualification.
- attending conventions and vendors days to meet existing customers and generate leads.
- submitting a monthly activity planning for the coming period to SM.
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of the sales process and a genuine interest in people. A consultative approach to sales. A minimum of 2 years of experience within the industry is preferred.
- Masters degree in a relevant scientific domain
- Living within your assigned territory. Some understanding of the customer base within this territory is beneficial.
- Well developed social skills with the ability to plan and work independently.
- The ability to handle a broad stream of information.
- The ability to understand qualify customers and prospects. Negotiation and closing skills are key.
- The ability to evaluate risks in a given strategy, and to be able to handle crisis situations.
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight to ensure an efficient time and territory management
- Fluency in English
- Driving license
What we are offering you:
- Attractive remuneration in line with your commitment, experience and results
- Continuous knowledge acquirement, both scientific and professional
- Company car