The Account Manager is responsible for increasing revenue and pushing development in their territory for the Company’s products. The person is responsible for bringing in accurate revenue forecasts throughout the financial year, allowing the executive team to oversee business performance and push the decision making process. The person is required to upkeep understanding of competitor products and their sales strategies, establishing and increasing their duties in a time bound manner. The person is also responsible for supplying customer feedback on the Company’s products in addition to identifying unmet customer requirements that will enable the growth of new and innovative products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplish quarterly and yearly revenue targets established from yearly commission plans.
- Distribute accurate and on-time forecasts for their territory.
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and current customers at various business levels.
- Develop possibility and risk mitigation plans for their region as needed.
- Grow and execute supply agreements to aid new and current business.
- Work together with operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Upkeep CRM database with up to date information
- Represent the company at suitable exhibitions.
- Upkeep and increase awareness of the competitive scene, give customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Extra duties as allocated.
- Previous track record of achieving financial targets on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions. Understanding of synthetic biology products and markets is a plus.
- B2B experience would be ideal, in particular selling to pharmaceutical/ chemical sectors.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of synthetic biology applications using synthetic genes, pathways and organisms is required.
- History in technical sales and support or product management is favoured.
- Salesforce experience needed.
- Self-motivated resulting in constant achievement of sales.
- Proven scientific problem solving skills.
- Technical understanding in synthetic biology applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship networking skills.
- Able to collaborate with others as a member of the team making sure those difficult projects are dealt with ease.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to prosper in a start-up/ change focused scene.
- BSc degree from four year College or university in Biology or related sector.