Reporting to: Sales Manager UK
Main Objective: Meet the sales targets and the objectives
Focus: Proactive sales of the whole product portfolio by customer visits to high-and medium potential customers defined by the “Go-to-market” approach.
Key Responsibilities & Duties: (Based on the sales process)
- Targeting (Establishing of the best prospects for our products/services. Maintenance of the awareness of what kinds of customers and industries have general needs to be met by our products/services.)
- Prospecting (Establishing of possible customers with a high chance of purchasing our products/services.)
- Lead qualification (Choice of prospects that are suitable for our products/services and determination of the buying motives of the key decision-makers in those organizations. Collecting of suitable information for selecting the best contacts and decision-makers.)
- Establish key decision makers (Look for the complete decision maker team e.g. technical, commercial, financial, and quality. Knowledge of the best approach to liaise with each decision-maker.)
- Review customer needs/grow solution (Acknowledge that there are precise benefits sought by the prospect organization and there may be different issues to consider for each decision-maker in that Company. Deliver our product/service in a way that is acceptable to our customer.)
- Product/ Value presentation/ Displays (Clear presentation/ demonstration of our products/ services and their value in meeting the prospect’s business needs. Maintenance of emphasis on profit while making the sale. Value is emphasized to prospect.)
- Quotation preparation: either through sales support or using quotation tool.
- Negotiation (Motivating others and firmly negotiating at all levels to meet our targets as well as those of the customer.)
- Closing the deal (Efficiently close the sale while maintaining a suitable profit margin on the business.)
- Reporting (Review and complete Customer reports on a regular base and provide sufficient information to the Company.)
- Territory Action Plan (Analyse trends and developments in your given location; develop an individual territory plan to ensure budget achievement in line with the company sales strategy.)
- Account Management (Develop account specific business goals. Manage the relationship with the customers.)
- Resource Management (Collaborate other functions- as required - to ensure that we win/maintain the Company. Work in- line with In-house Sales Representative, Sales Specialist, Application Specialists, Dealer Manager and other functions.)
Work Experience Required:
- Demonstrate understanding of the Biotech industry, production facilities and a bioprocess platform
Industry Experience Required:
- Demonstrate understanding of the Biotech industry, production facilities and a bioprocess production or process development platform
- Strong written and telephone communication skills
- Ability to motivate others from a distance
- Ability to sell over the phone and on email
- Working in solitude whilst maintaining a common team objective
- Good at development relationships
Filtration, Single-Use Technology, Purification Techniques, Cell Culture, Media & Buffers
- Academic degree in a scientific field, ideally with proven track record in sales or other sales related work experience unless technically well versed.
- Resilience, self-organised and structured work ethic paired with strong business acumen and interpersonal (ideally via voice) skillsets - predominant focus to be applied on FT & FMT advanced competencies.
Acceptable Home Location:
London – Oxford – Cambridge area