The Account Manager will be accountable for the sale of products from the Analytical portfolio in a way which positively mirrors the Company’s reputation and will report to the UK Sales Leader.
The ideal person will live in London.
Two key areas within the product portfolio:
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is a bonus, although, applications will be look through from candidates with experience using suitable instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are seeking a turn in career direction or candidates with the suitable degree.
- To go up against all sales opportunities within the territory, making sure of all required resources needed are utilised in order to close business in favour of the Company
- To grow and up-keep relationships with current and possible customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be collected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Puts oneself forward for all sales opportunities within the territory
- Grows and up-keeps relationships with customers
- Consistently tries to secure business in new accounts
- Develops understanding of customer funding techniques
- Grows and maintains the SFDC (Salesforce) customer/prospect records
- Attend meetings, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
- Develops understanding of products and prepares, gathers and keeps presentation resources.
- Maintains understanding of competitors products
- Regular business forecasts
- Gets involved with customer account receivables
- A degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or related
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full clean driving licence
- Sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation a plus
- Sales training will be provided to scientists that have utilised suitable instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, speaking and networking skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and capable with detail and analysis
- Eager to travel throughout the territory, to Head Office and frequently overseas.