Accountable for selling Biotechnology products as appointed to in the given area, achieving and evaluating sales and market information, helping in promotion efforts, advising management on market and sales strategies, and other job related duties as required.
Master’s or Bachelor’s in biology or similar field with a minimum of 3 years lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
- 3+ years of confirmed successful field sales experience in high end capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies – may consider similar biological/analytical field sales support experience as substitute of immediate sales experience.
- 3+ years immediate experience ideally in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
- Familiarity with key customer accounts in their region.
- Broad understanding of Proteomics research, techniques, and applications.
- Skilled in presenting technical meetings and instrument demonstrations.
- Skilled in managing time and territory duties in order to effectively increase sales results.
- Great communication skills (written and oral)
- Social skills
- Sales skills
- May require up to 50% travel or more in appointed area, working from a home office.
- Imaginative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to efficiently coordinate various duties and projects.
- Highly developed sense of sincerity, ethics, and honesty.
- Actively sell the Company’s products in the given location. Includes preparing and follow-up of sales leads created by the Company’s from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc. Implement an efficient follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Collect and outline data for evaluation of market awareness, share and market strategies. Help in selling outside of territory as required.
- Create new possible sales leads from current contacts and customer contacts.
- Investigate and suggest where product demonstrations should be done, organize logistics, and help in doing product demonstrations.
- Conduct technical meetings and product demonstrations as suitable to assist/provide FAS position.
- Represent the Company at exhibitions and seminars and where required give presentations.
- Maintain constant customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, extra equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from current users.
- Help in follow-up of current users to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Obtain and supply market information to management, including information about customer needs, their opinions about product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to create overall marketing strategy.
- Evaluate existing sales and potential sales possibility in territory and create a sales plan to increase the market potential. Suggest goals for sales and market share.
- Aid in the sales training of other employees and representatives.
- Supply regular reports to management of sales duties, status of sales leads, and projected sales.
- Obtain technical and other skills required to perform job function.