The Account Manager will be accountable for the sale of products from the Analytical portfolio in a way which positively mirrors the Company’s reputation and will report to the UK Sales Leader.
The territory covers Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, with the majority of customers in and around Cambridge. The ideal person will live in Cambridge.
Two key areas within the product portfolio:
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is a bonus, although, applications will be look through from candidates with experience using suitable instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are seeking a turn in career direction or candidates with the suitable degree.
- To go up against all sales opportunities within the territory, making sure of all required resources needed are utilised in order to close business in favour of the Company
- To grow and up-keep relationships with current and possible customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be collected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Puts oneself forward for all sales opportunities within the territory
- Grows and up-keeps relationships with customers
- Consistently tries to secure business in new accounts
- Develops understanding of customer funding techniques
- Grows and maintains the SFDC (Salesforce) customer/prospect records
- Attend meetings, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
- Develops understanding of products and prepares, gathers and keeps presentation resources.
- Maintains understanding of competitors products
- Regular business forecasts
- Gets involved with customer account receivables
- A degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or related
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full clean driving licence
- Sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation a plus
- Sales training will be provided to scientists that have utilised suitable instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, speaking and networking skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and capable with detail and analysis
- Eager to travel throughout the territory, to Head Office and frequently overseas.