Ensure sales quota set for the allocated area is being obtained for the Chromatography based product lines. The products are made use of in both private and public sectors and across a wide extent of industry sector. The role integrates with other members of the sales team, application support specialists and technical service groups within the Chromatography sector. In addition the role supports cross-selling activities with other sectors within the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver Annual Sales Plan for chromatography products within the allocated area in line with sales AOP as specified by product line sales management and complied with UK Sales Manager.
- Grow and maintain a strong prospect pipeline in the location. Accountable for establishing prospective buyers of the Company’s Chromatography products and services within the allocated area. This activity will need a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your allocated location as well as servicing of current accounts.
- Expands market share for the Company’s chromatography instruments in the location, with a focus on single quad and sample preparation products.
- To discuss contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and aids all procurement processes.
- Maintain and occasionally enter correct and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
- Supply correct timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly establish and interpret customer’s needs, shape and arrange their requirements to the Company’s efficiency and apply the Company’s solutions to the customer’s needs and efficiently inform these to customers.
- Trade Account Information and Sales Leads within and across the Company’s commercial sectors.
- Visit and support through technical and business presentations, when needed, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When needed, help in the annual planning of the future financial performance of the Company by guiding insight into the prospects for the development in your own given location.
- Work accordingly and efficiently with your close colleagues in the Company’s Sales and Service groups as well as with other Company’s colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Constantly achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and an annual basis.
Education & Experience:
- Degree level qualification in a scientific subject ideally Chemistry
- Appropriate experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment.
- Alternately a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial alertness and a good understanding of Chromatography would be considered.
- Some knowledge of other industries: Pharmaceutical, Environmental Food, etc.
- Ability to establish new target accounts annually and be able to grow and execute territory plans.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- This position requires being able to travel within your given location and on occasions to address across Europe
- The ability to work independently and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A great levels of social, inspirational and organisational skills
- Must be located within the allocated area
- Ability to travel
- Hold a valid Irish Driving licence